Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mr. Everything Style Chicken over Rice

If you live in Atlanta, especially if you went to school in the AUC I am sure that you have heard of Mr. Everything Cafe. If not then please get yourself over there ASAP---->870 Martin Luther King Junior Drive Southwest, Atlanta, GA 30314-3642

Anyway everytime I go I always get the Healthy Choice Chicken over Yellow Rice. Basically it is grilled chicken, all my fave veggies, and cheese piled high over yellow rice. It is a healthy option when you consider all the veggies involved but the serving size is colossal. So, if you are greedy like me I'd definitly plan on sharing this cause you might end up eating more than you need. You could also get steak, shrimp, salmon, lamb, or no meat at all over rice.

If you can't make it over there then it is really easy to make at home and I have a recipe that I think is a little better than theres because its a little more seasoned. And the beauty of making it at home is that there are no limitations. You can use whatever meat, veggies, cheese, rice, season, whatever...

Veggies- As I said you can use whatever you want but here are my faves
-spinach
-broccoli
-zucchini
-squash
-mushrooms
-tomatos
-cucumbers

Meat- I always use Chicken but you can mix or match whatever
-shrimp
-steak
-salmon
-smoked sausage (turkey is healthier)

Yellow rice- I use Mahatma's spicy yellow rice

Cheese- I use Kraft casserole cheese which is a mix of about 3 or 4 diff cheeses.

*Make the rice according to directions on package
*Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sautee in olive oil over medium-high heat
*After chicken is done set aside and cook veggies with a little butter and dash of salt and pepper (Make sure not to let your veggies get soggy, but firm with a little crunch still
*Put your rice on a plate and cover with chicken, veggies, and cheese.
*Slice tomatoes and cucumbers over top and serve with a little ranch on the side for dipping


Voila!

**To make this even healthier use brown rice instead of yellow rice and boil rice in diluted Chicken stock instead of regular water for more flavor

3 comments:

  1. I moved from Atlanta and was really missing this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u melt the cheese in the microwave after putting everything on top of the rice

    ReplyDelete