Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slip ups are not OKAY! Okay


I forgot to take my lunch to work today and by the time I got home I was so hungry I could have eaten just about anything. I really wanted something that I know I shouldn't have like hot wings, pizza, or a cheeseburger. I just kept thinking its not fair, I want to eat my fave foods and lose weight too. Then I thought, I can't be the only one eating like this then I wondered what do my girls eat. So I googled "Rihanna's diet and Kim's diet" and that reassured me that no matter who you are or how much weight you want to lose you have to change what types of food you eat. Whether your goal is to lose 50lbs or 5lbs, your diet has to change otherwise you are not going to reach your goal.

Kim K- works out 3-5 times a week "I start off with running on the treadmill for about 30 minutes! I definately run 2 miles per workout, then I lift weights for about 30 minutes. I alternate between arms and legs switching off every other workout. I then do a bunch of stomach exercises and then stretch! When I get home I always do leg lifts, lunges and squats!"

"It's not all about working out though, I definately have changed my diet too! I eat less junk food, hardly any soda, and just try to eat more protein. I definately cant give up sweets all together, so I just toned them down!"

*this was taken from----> http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14380-NY-Celebrity-Fitness-and-Health-Examiner~y2009m6d23-Kim-Kardashians-Diet--Weight-Loss-Secrets


Rihanna- Does a low carb diet here is a sample of her daily meals and workouts

Breakfast

1. Breakfast egg sandwich with egg and meat or egg and cheese, one fresh orange.
2. Protein drink (look for ones made with soy protein to promote a healthy heart).
3. Low-carb breakfast bar (look for ones with no more than 15 grams of carbohydrate and 250 to 300 calories

Lunch

1. Grilled chicken sandwich, garden salad with 2 tablespoons low-fat salad dressing.
2. Frozen low-calorie lasagna entrée, apple.
3. Deli sandwich: Ask for 4 ounces turkey, ham or roast beef on 2 slices whole-grain bread topped with oil and vinegar or mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato; 1/2 cup three-bean salad


Dinner
1. Grocery-store take out: 3 ounces roasted chicken, 1/2 cup pasta salad, 1 cup sliced tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinegar, 1 cup skim milk.
2. Chinese take-out: Egg roll, 1 cup shrimp chow mein, 1/2 cup rice, tea.
3. Quick and easy stir-fry: 3 ounces chicken breast mixed with 1 cup stir-fry vegetables (use the frozen packets for the easiest prep) and 1/2 cup rice; 1 cup skim milk


Snacks

- Half cup trail mix (1/4 cup peanuts mixed with 2 tablespoons dried fruit)
- Eight saltine crackers with 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- Low-carb snack bar (choose one between 150 and 250 calories)
- Two ounces string cheese and 1/2 cup grapes


Workout Ideas

You can't lose weight by diet alone, so...
- Boost your metabolism by weight training. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories your body will burn -- even when you're just sitting around. Learn how to create an easy and effective weight training routine.
- A diet won't replace your pot belly with a six-pack -- but this killer ab routine will!
- Find out how to fit more fitness into your busy routine.
- Still not sure where to start? Get an expert's take on walking, running, Pilates and other popular workouts that will help you shed pounds.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! it is so important to maintain a healthy diet AND work out! Both are necessary! I dont go heavy with my work outs but im speed walking & doing squats (i need a booty!) OH! i meant to tell u, if u take a shot of apple cider vinegar (mix w/ about 3oz of water) before working out it aids your metabolism. It also has a bunch of other benefits, but i will just let u google all that good stuff. I love ur motivation! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I'm talking about keeping each other motivated. Sounds like a plan to incorporate into my plan... Thanks Niece Love you Much, Hopefully we will both become healthier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiff, I'm gonna try that vinegar thing.
    Love you too Auntie, and I hope that everyone else follows our lead. Eating healthy and exercise ate the only real fountain of youth

    ReplyDelete