Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Healthy Eating Challenge

My biggest problem with losing weight is eating out. I eat out almost every day of the week sometimes more than once per day. This week I am challenging myself to only eat meals that I've prepared myself from home. This includes homecooking everything and nothing microwaveable. This will take a lot of time because I'll have to plan each meal and snacks but it is worth it because I like to cook and I think my cooking is better than most restaurants. Last night, I made spicy cajun chicken, rice, and green beans wih tomatos and it was delish!!

I think this will cause me to try new recipes and be a little adventurous in the kitchen. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes and new recipes that I try. My hope is to reduce eating out to only twice a month and to add variety to what I can cook.

6 comments:

  1. A really good healthy, quick, and easy meal that I started making in college is: Chicken Tacos.

    All you need is:
    - Boneless Chicken (Walmart gives you the most for you buck)
    - Tortillas (comes in like 5, 8, or 10)
    - Bag of Lettuce
    - Bag of Cheese
    - Jar of Salsa
    (And whatever else you like, sour cream - peppers, etc).

    How to make it:
    - Chop chicken up (small squares)
    - Pop it in the oven or put it on a pan to fry.
    - Let it cook for 20minutes.
    - Let tortillas sit in the oven (separate from chicken) for about 10 min on 350 degrees -- optional.
    And wallah! You're done! Quick & Easy. =]


    (I hope you like tacos after all of this ;]! lol)

    Best of wishes on your home meals. =]. I hope they are beneficial to you.

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you, I'll try this sometime this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dish that you made sounds yummy. I think one of the biggest things that has helped me is not eating out. The only thing is I'm a novice when it comes to cooking lol so I mostly stick to simple dishes.

    I love the challenge that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I love to cook but a lot of times I don't take the time out to do it...it is soo easy to just pick something up from somewhere. I've been doing pretty well so far though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOPE ALL IS WELL =].

    By the way, we're hosting a chatroom tomorrow at 8pm eastern and we'd love to see you there. Our last one was a HUGE success and we were able to meet tons of new people because everyone repped their blogs & twitter names for the final 30 minutes! Hope to see you there! You'll be sure to have a blast!! =]

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete